About IIIM - An Overview
The Laboratory was established in 1941 as a research and production centre, known as Drug Research Laboratory of J&K State and was later taken over by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) of Govt. of India in December 1957 as Regional Research Laboratory, Jammu.
In view of its core strength in natural products based drug discovery, the mandate of Institute was redefined in 2005 and its name changed to Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine (IIIM). The current mandate of IIIM is to discover new drugs and therapeutic approaches from Natural Products, both of plant and microbial origin, enabled by biotechnology, to develop technologies, drugs and products of high value for the national and international markets.
Activities & Services -
IIIM, Jammu is a multidisciplinary research institute engaged in R & D on Bioprospecting of plant & microbial resources for genes and natural molecules aimed at drug development; natural product chemistry; chemical biology; fermentation and enzyme technology, molecular biology & gene cloning; metabolic pathway engineering; cultivation & utilization of drugs and essential oil bearing plants and chemical engineering & design backup for packaging of technologies.
- Consultancy services in the areas of core competence
- Pharmacokinetics and biopharmaceutical studies
- Testing, analysis and quality control
- Pilot plants usage on rental
- Design, drawing and commissioning of fermentors from bench to commercial scale and Validation of the fermentation processes
- Optimization of chemical processes at pilot scale
- Design, drawing, fabrication, installation and commissioning of pilot plants on turn-key basis.
- Contract research